Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Elvis has left the building

That's one of the more creative ways I can think of to say that Summer is officially over. I realize we just got through the fourth of July and here I am wanting to get out the sweaters and mittens, but it's not that really. One of the nice things about working in academia is the seasonality of it. In an earlier post, I talked about how the last two weeks in May were a nice time to walk off the Spring semester and get ready for Summer. June came and went, and in that time I was able to celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary and send my wife to England. I got to play bachelor, and realize how much I missed my wife. July is now here, and with it come my teaching duties in addition to all the other stuff that I can't keep putting off.

SMy wife is back home now, and she's finally adjusting to being 6 hours behind GMT. She's safe thankfully, and when I left this morning she was sitting in bed watching Smallville. Life is slowly returning to normal.

July 4th was good. Decided I wasn't going to just sit around the house, so I took the dogs for a walk and ran some errands. Spent the evening watching Stephen Spielberg's 1941.

This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity.

-D

No comments: