Thursday, July 27, 2006

Summer is almost over

I figure it's time to veer away from the Ken Lay post. I apoligize for being a tad morose on it, but it was something I needed to get out of my system. It's also time to start wrapping up Summer and saying our farewells.

Summer started out with a lot of promise. In my near 40 years of existance, I've learned much from Summers, especially when one needs a break. This one started out with my film class I teach in late May. Like I said earlier, it's a good way to walk off the Spring semester. June found my wife and I spending a wonderful three days in central Texas. Mangia Pizza, The Salt Lick, the Alamo Drafthouse, the Congress Avenue Bridge, Mi Tierra, The San Antonio Zoo, and the Mad Dog were places for good food and good times with my wife. Late evenings were spent sitting out on the balcony of our hotel room while my wife tried to get to sleep. Good times.

The following three weeks saw me playing bachelor while my wife and other family went overseas to a wedding. My Dad, Brother, nephews, and myslef spent a fun two days down near Houston. The Kemah Boardwalk, Landry's Seafood, the Ferry ride, and a day spent at the Johnson Space Center. It's the first trip I've been on with them and it went way too fast.

I missed my wife, and was darn glad to be there at the airport when she got back.

July got busier as I started teaching another class, and now August harkens the start of yet another semester.

Here's hoping.

-D

No comments: